Monday, April 19, 2010

Bruises


Brother, why are you like that?

Understanding you is like a problem in math,

Do you hurt us because of your wrath?

Or maybe it is just for fun?

Being the eldest, I know it is hard,

But you are a bully, and bullies are always coward,

Oftentimes, even nights we jarred,

And find myself with my sister at corner, we are jammed.

We don’t know what’s wrong with you,

You hate us and father too,

It’s a routine for your mission to woo,

Why don’t you try and feel on how to walk on our shoes?

Pain is always obvious,

My arms are often with bruises,

If there is a chance that this tie looses,

I’ll hurt you too and make your life a mess!

These red and bluish marks now I have,

Are signs that opposes the meaning of love,

I feel as if I am torn in half,

It is all because of the inner wound I have.

You are supposed to be our protector,

But you aren’t because of your demeanor,

The days pass and you hurt us more,

Will you still change your devilish behavior?

You are old enough to know what is right from wrong,

You are twenty three and yet you act like young,

To love and care for us is what we have longed,

I thought everything got worse since mother had gone.

You have a lot of friends,

And you are the attention to them,

But do they know how you act at home,

Or have a peace of mind for us to lend?

You are strong with those huge hands,

You chase us and we feel like we are denned,

Will this toughness of yours ever end?

Will this ache we have still mend?

I pity you for what you are now,

You’re idle and I look you down,

Somehow I want to help you but I don’t know how,

To be successful is what I wish you had vowed.

I know you have this intense pain inside,

Trust and tell us about it and do not hide,

Despite your mean actions we know you are kind,

We’ll help you to emerge this virtue on your surface,

Because we are your family, your helpers, your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment